Project Manager / Estimator
Grand Forks, ND
The project manager / estimator is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The project manager responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management like - Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
45+ hours per week Monday through Friday.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, construction management or similar field of study
- 5 or more years of experience in construction projects
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written and people skills
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential
- Active driver’s license with a driving record representative of a safe driving history
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites.
- Strong focus on quality.
- This position may require occasional over-the-road and air travel.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage projects to ensure that all scopes are completed per industry and job specific standards and to ensure that the work is coordinated as profitability as possible.
- Must be able to read and understand commercial plans, specs, and details.
- Must be able to build and follow a baseline project schedule and project budget.
- Negotiate contracts, sub-contracts, and purchase orders.
- Understanding and enforcing contractual responsibilities, contract documents and providing dispute resolution.
- Preparing / verifying and monitoring progress billings to owner and from subcontractors.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources – labor, materials, and equipment and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Communicate effectively with the sub-contractors and the field personnel responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
- Develop new and maintain existing customer relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and laborers.
APi Group provides competitive compensation and benefits that support the total well-being of you and your family, as well as providing formal learning and development opportunities to continue building great leaders.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The overall nature of the position is sedentary in nature requiring little physical effort and occasional light physical exertion. There is occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, temperature changes, industrial noise, and construction hazards usually accompanied by business travel and visits jobsites and clients.
See all of our current job openings.
Industrial Contract Services, Inc. hires applicants based solely upon merit.
It is the policy of ICS, Inc. to provide Equal Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies thereof.
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, marital status, military participation, citizenship status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.
It is the policy of ICS, Inc., to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, age, disability or national origin in regard to any position for which the employee or applicant for employment is qualified. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship and/or on-the-job training. Also, it is the policy to insure and maintain a working environment free of harassment, intimidation, and coercion.
All promotions within ICS, Inc. shall be given to the best qualified employee available without discrimination because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disabilities, or military participation
- Applications may be obtained in the main office of ICS, Inc. located at 2500 State Mill Road in Grand Forks, ND.
- ICS,Inc. WILL NOT accept applications that have not been fully completed, signed, and submitted by the applicant applying for the position.
- Applications are considered active for a period of ninety (90) days. If an individual wishes further consideration after the ninety (90) day period, a new application must be completed.
- Hiring will be determined upon a personal interview and position availability.
- False or misleading statements or omissions made on an application or during the interview process may result in the termination of consideration for a position or, if discovered after employment has begun, will result in the termination of employment.
- An offer of employment is contingent upon the applicant’s successful competition of a pre-employment drug screen.
- An offer of employment may be contingent upon the applicant’s successful completion of a pre-employment background check.